Computer wont switch on

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had such bad luck with my new comp. all was fine and i was very pleased. I was just running 3d benchmark 2001 ( i had allready ran 3d benchmark 03 with no probs) and in the midddle of it the comp just shut down. Pressing the power on button does nothing. Dunno what to do, whats gone wrong? I noticed before that my processor was at 60 degrees C. I no this is high, could it be fried? i wasnt overclocking though. I have a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, 512mb, geforce 5600 ultra and an athlon XP 3200+. I was running the external frequency at 200mhz and multiplier 11X (2202 Ghz i think) which is what my processor is ment to do. Also my motherboard is compatible with 400mhz fsb, ive downloaded all new BIOS updates. I used my computer for 2 hours this morning and 3 hours earlier, now this has happened. ANY HELP? PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
The first thing I would do is turn off the powersupply switch on the back of the computer. (on the powersupply) Let it sit for about a minute, then turn the switch back on and try to power back up.
[/FONT]

Is it the Power Supply?

That didnt work :/ I did notice though that my wattage is 350 and the volts 230. Could my new setup maybe be too much for this power supply? the green light is on my motherboard so that should be fine and the processor seems fine. I hope this is the problem and i will buy a new power supply. if it is could any one recommend a voltage/wattage?
Cheers

homerjs_no1_fan said:
That didnt work :/ I did notice though that my wattage is 350 and the volts 230. Could my new setup maybe be too much for this power supply? the green light is on my motherboard so that should be fine and the processor seems fine. I hope this is the problem and i will buy a new power supply. if it is could any one recommend a voltage/wattage?
Cheers

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Are you saying that the little toggle switch on the back of the computer (usually red) is set to 230? If you live in the United States that should be set to 115!
[/FONT]

i live in united kindom, however i think it was originally set at 115 any way. so is 350 watts enough? is it my processor/motherboard or power supply thats thge problem. HELP!

Try Resetting your bios, make sure the mains is turned of first.
If that does not work reseat all your memory, cards etc.
If that does not work, remove all drives and cards that are not needed.
Then try a replacement psu.

Just a few ideas

Good Luck

The easiest way is to remove then refit the cmos battery, just be careful not to break the holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back