Computer won't turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveskater

Hi, since installing Zone Alarm for Vista (i'm running ultimate edition) i've had the strange problem of my pc not shutting down properly. Sometimes it will do it ok on its own but most of the time it will get to the screen that says Shutting Down with the spinny circle next to it and then the hdd activity light will stop flashing. Obviously this means that i have to press the power button on the case to turn the pc off, which i'm not fond of doing every day.

Should i just uninstall Zone Alarm and see if it returns to normal or is there a way to fix this?

Oh yeah, when i was installing Zone Alarm it wouldn't install in windows - it froze, MBM5 said all sensors were 0 deg. C, avg crashed and i couldn't do anything with windows. I tried it again with MBM and avg closed but it still didn't work so i tried safe mode and it was fine.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

vista trouble eh

i would just try uninstalling ZA and see what happens
you may also wanna try checking your error records etc (i assume its the same a xp)
control panel>admin tools>event viewer

unfortunately thats all the help i can offer you as a vista owner coz i don't have it so i can experiment with it :S

good luck

i might try uninstalling it because it will probably help, but i don't know how good the vista firewall is.

i have the admin tools up on the event viewer and under error there's quite a few things but i can't tell if any of them have anything to do with shutting down or software problems.

thanks for the quick reply as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back