Computer won't turn on - different scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read through the other posts about computers not turning on and all of them seem to happen after an addition of a new piece of hardware or they have a problem with their os. My situation is slightly different. first the specs of my computer:

AMD 4400+
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
2G OCZ Titanium Edition Ram
Antec 450 W Smart Power
2 MSI 7600 GT
2 Western Digital HD's

Anyway, I returned from college with my computer. Prior to leaving I had no problems. I had it in my car securely fastened. I come home and plug it in only to find that nothing happens. The green led on the motherboard is the only sign that this computer has life. I try a different power switch but nothing. I plug the psu into another computer and it works fine. I completely disassemble my comp and reassemble it with no avail. I removed the CMOS battery (knowing it couldn't have any effect) and i still cannot get anything to happen except the green led turn on. It seems to me that the motherboard is at fault, though i can't think of any event that would cause it to randomly stop working. any other solutions that didn't require me to rma it would be useful.

alex

Hello and welcome to techspot.

Did you test to see if it is simply your case's power switch?

Use a screwdriver to short the two pins on your motherboard that are currently connected to your case's power on switch.

If that doesn't start you up, I'd go back to the basics. Remove all parts (again) including removing the motherboard from your case and set it on a box beside your case. Connect only the CPU/heatsink, one stick of ram, one graphics card, all your required power connections (2 to the motherboard, 1 to your graphics card) as well as the connection to your case's speaker. Then use the screwdriver as mentioned above to short the power on switch pins. See if you can't fire that baby up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back