Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sony Vaio RB50. It has been left on for about 2 years straight, with occasional restarts and turning it off while on vacation. A couple days ago i turned it off and unplugged the power chord because my friend needed one for the night, and the next day when i plugged it back in and tried to turn it on, it just wont turn on. No beeps or anything, just no power at all. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or what the problem is? Thanks.

Interesting, I would try removing any periphials that you have plugged in, just plug in the power cord and see if it boots, then you can try adding stuff back on to see where the problem is.

And don't forget to check your power switch if it's faulty. Switching on and off can sometime damage power-switch. It's very common with Futjitsu seimens.

LOL - I'd be asking that same question had I not noticed the name. Did you think it was some sort of derogatory name? LOL

AlbertLionheart said:
sorry - dgower2 - what are/is sharpspoons?

He who invented sporks must have eaten his peas off the knife. Downside of a spork is putting a sharp edge in your mouth....

What ARE you lot on? where can I get some?

Seriously, what was the answer to the power problem?

Answer:
George Laramy of Enfield, New Hampshire 1907.
spork2.jpg

Oh, are you talking about the answer to the power thingy :)
I still think it was the cord not in properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back