Computers... Just don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

legoman600

When i play high performance e.g. tomb raider underworld my computer blue screens. I took out my graphics card and put it into a similar computer and it works fine. My RAM has bee sent back and replaced recently. What could is be i have:

Core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
2gb of RAM
Asrock 4CoreDual SATA2 R2.0
Palit 9800gtx+
252 gb hard drive (checked for errors)
550W power supply
HP dvd writer 530r

hi legoman600

Your first dump indicates a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e) error. This usually refers to memory corruption. Please run Memtest (www.memtest.org) on each stick of RAM individually! .... Let it run overnight - you're looking for a minimum of 7 passes on each stick.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is the error on your second dump with tru.exe (Tomb Raider Underworld) being cited as the culprit program and nv4_disp.dll being the probable faulty driver. Update your graphics card drivers to the latest ones from the nvidia website.

Do get back to us with any results.

Spyder_1386 :)

yea I would definitely say it sounds like the graphics card has some sort of issue, if it is only doing that during the game.

I would say get the burn in diagnostic tool and let it run, it will test your graphics card as well as your memory. It's only a 30 day trial, but it will work long enough to test your system...

hi legoman600

Thanks for the reply ... could you maybe inform us of what you did to sort the problem out? It just helps us and other users track similar problems ... thanks much

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back