Computers keep rebooting themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a major problem with our laptops rebooting themselves. There are several having this issue. I have attached the minidump and error log from today after the reboot occurred. The hardware is Panasonic Toughbook CF-29. Any help would be appreciated.

0xD1 errors are very common and they result from the fact that a device driver is attempting to access an address they have no business doing so resullting in system crashes.

It is always helpful if there are more minidumps but the one you supplied points to ser2pl.sys driver which is a Prolific USB-to-Serial Bridge Cable driver.

Go to Panasonic's website and download the latest drivers for your laptop. Usually this rectifies the matter.

let us know one way or the other if it works.

Thanks route. What are you using to view the dump file and diagnose the cause? Did you dumpchk.exe from support tools?

There is a tool called Debugging Tool for Windows that is specifically designed for reading minidumps. Google and you can find it as well as how to set it up and use it.

In the reads it has section called Probable Cause. In your case it was the ser2pl.sys driver.

So I googled that and was able to pass on the information to you.

Sometimes it is simple, other times it takes more research and work, and there are those times it takes a much more experienced person than me to read and analyze them. There are several on this board that have deep knowledge and experience. I am just a novice.

It is something you may want to try. Two years ago I didn't have a clue how to do it let alone know what a minidump even was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back