Computer's Screwed up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, um...I have a problem with my computer (I'm on a friends). I don't know what's the problem and it's never happened to me every before. But, if I plug it in (using the power cord), there's a green light in the back that shows if the computer is recieving power. So when I plug it in, the green light shows and everything is fine, but when I press the power button, the green light disappears (which it isn't supposed to do) and my computer just sits there. Wierd thing is, when I press the power button, the green light turns off, but the power button light (it lights up to show that the computer is on) lights up, even when there's no power supplying it, and even when I unplug it from the power cord.
I've tried everything from changing power outlits, to continually trying again and again to turn it on, to even swearing out the machine and promising an eternity of pain if it doesn't turn on....Unfortunately nothing works. So I'm at a mute point right now with everything that I need to get done on the computer. :dead:

If someone could help me, I'd be deeply grateful, so as of now, my problem is in your hands.

Computer Specs:
  • hp pavilion a412n
  • 512 MB of DDR SDRAM memory
  • 2.70 Ghz of Intel Celeron Processor
  • 80 GB Ultra DMA Hard Drive

EDIT: I'm sorry, never mind this whole thing. It just booted up a while ago. But if you can, might someone be able to find out what happened to the computer?

EDIT2: Never mind the last edit, thecomputer stayed on for about 10 minutes before shutting itself off again.

Sounds like a bad power supply, have someone check it out or swap it out for a new one.

fastco said:
Sounds like a bad power supply, have someone check it out or swap it out for a new one.
Power supply? You mean the wiring of the house? or something internal to the computer? I guess I'll get someone over, but I was hoping not to have to dish out any money....

Or wait...does the psu mean the big fan box in the back of the cpu? Sorry, I'm like a child when talking about how to fix computers.

Is it a laptop computer? If so does it work on battery power? If not the external Power Adapter could have gone bad.

No, it's a home comp. With the big cpu box and seperate moniter. Like this picture, cept a bit different.

And I found out what the power supply is by google, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back