Computers suddenly slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I recently bought a new computer and it was running fine after i made some adjustments. But after about a month of having it, its started to run ridiculously slow. Ive run AVG a few times but found nothing. So i tried a registry cleaner and that fixed it up a bit but it still goes very slow. Opening programs takes forever, even if i had just closed them, and then they are non-responsive for a while before they get running properly.

My HDD has about 38% left and that hasnt changed drastically before i got the slowness coming along

New system details:
Intel Dual core E5200 2.50GHz
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE 9400GTsuper
Seagate 250GB HDD
WD external 500gb

AG8 has been recently discussed as one of the main programs that slow users computers
Consider the following strongly:

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Restart

Run CCleaner

Install Avira free AntiVirus (Even do a full scan ;))

Then hopefully your system will be back to how it was :)

Thanks for the advice. It seemed to work last night when i finished doing all that. But it still took forever to start up and get things running. And firefox is still being non-responsive alot of the time after heading to a different site.

Any other ideas?

I recently bought a new computer and it was running fine after i made some adjustments. But after about a month of having it, its started to run ridiculously slow. Ive run AVG a few times but found nothing. So i tried a registry cleaner and that fixed it up a bit but it still goes very slow. Opening programs takes forever

What 'adjustments' did you make?
How much installed RAM is on the system?
How many processes are check on the Startup menu?

This is not meant to take the place of malware cleaning, but it will give us additional information for guidance in helping you.

Yea I agree with Bobbye ... if you have no viruses/malware on your system, then you either have too little RAM installed or too many programs running on start-up or running simultaneously - these tend to use up system resources and thus make the computer sluggish, causing slow program open times etc. Also, having many icons on your desktop could be a major issue.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back