computing or ict?

By acf
Jul 1, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. is computing a good course ?? or is ict better?
  2. Justin

Justin Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,595

'computing' is a word, not a course.

Be more specific.

There are dozens of computer-related fields of study, and dozens more different degree and certification programs, ranging from Computer Science to DSP Design.
  3. acf

acf Banned Topic Starter

AS ICT OR computing?

which is a better course and why. what fields will these subjects help in. can u offer any further advice
  4. acf

acf Banned Topic Starter

these are A level courses im referring 2
  5. rv13uk

rv13uk Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

Heres what I think...the A-Level ICT course is only useful for students who are at GCSE ICT level. To expand on this my mum's an A-level ICT teacher and she basically said that as I know a bit more than the average the A-Level ICT course would essentially be a waste of time, and not cover enough new stuff to be a worthwhile course. So, if you are GCSE good at ICT by all means take ICT A-level, but if you are, for example, above average and scoring highly in GCSE then consider computing as a course. It will teach new skills and give you some more background knowledge on how a computer program works.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.