Compy 386 (My PC Build..help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple recommendations, I wouldn't go over 2GB of RAM unless you intend on running CAD or Graphics editing programs, for Gaming 2GB is more than enough and will be for at least a few more years. Also the motherboard you have picked out has an Nvidia 6100 graphics chip built into it, since you have a videocard listed you may be able to get a better deal on another board without integrated video and maybe upgrade your video card choice to an 8600GT. Also you dont need the Arctic silver 5 as there is a thermal pad on the bottom side of the heatsink with your CPU and will only provide minimal temp decreases(1c maybe) unless you overclock. If you were getting an aftermarket CPU cooler I would definately get the AS5 but since you plan on using the stock AMD cooler it is not needed.

well i changed my processor out to a 3.0ghz dual core and i took off two of the RAM sticks, but im trying to keep the rest of it the same cuz im not that good with the deep info on computers yet.(i just got the SATA over IDE thing working out)...but if there is anyone who could find a better Mobo/graphics deal out there...it would be appreciated, im just getting a job and i wont have the pay check to buy this for a while :p

oh and thanks Nodsu

Core 2 Duos are still expensive compared to AMD's X2s and for a $600-something build, getting a Core 2 Duo would eat up a large chunk of the budget.

Looks Ok to me
your ready for 64bit when they right all the drivers and software for it
I still like intel over AMD they keep me warm

tyvm, thats what i was planning for...THE ORANGE BOX BABY!!! currently HL2 and CSS are decent but load times are kinda long and it gets laggy...expecially in CSS when its a large server or like 26 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back