Concern regarding status bar icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackobird

I am using IE 7 now, and have noticed that the icon that appears while pages are loading doesn't appear consistantly, and I don't remember this being the normal icon. I'm attaching a small jpg of the icon. Its black and gray, and looks similar to a clock with the hands at 5 o'clock. I've tried to google status bar icons but I haven't come up with anything useful. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• status bar icon.JPG
    status bar icon.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 15
I posted the inquiry yesterday hoping for some insight as to whether this icon may be an indication that something has installed that I should be concerned with. I rely heavily on internet banking/bill paying and until I know more about this icon I've avoided my banking websites. Please comment if you are familiar with this icon and this is not a security threat. If anyone can even suggest a website where I might find known status bar icons, that would be a helpful place to start possibly.

this forum runs on volunteers. Simply put, some might not see it, some may read it but don't know the answer and some might not have time to answer. Patience is the key.

that icon is normal in IE7..

i'm guessing it probably means that its waiting for something on the other side (clock = time?) like a reply or else..

Theres also another icon that doesn't appear everytime, and thats a green arrow pointing down to a box.. which means downloading (duh) :)

With internet banking don't forget to take regular security measures, like up to date security system (AV, Firewall etc) and checking validity of websites etc.

Tmagic650 said:
Some browser add-on caused by the Yahoo toolbar. Someone is spying on you
maybe. Query this board for Hijackthis download and follow the instructions.
get a scan and post back and attach the log.txt file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back