Confident about pc lasting the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFiltrateG4

At the moment here in Cali where I live, day temperatures rise to about 100+ degrees outside. Inside the house it also gets warm. Lately I have been watching my stock Ati Radeon 1800XT because im always scared that it will melt under the combination of the room temperature and the actual GPU temperature it gets at max load. At the moment, my GPU hits 78c full load while running games. Is this safe for the gpu to be this hot? This page from the ATI forums about the X1800/X1900's stated that the cards can run from either 75 - 90c. Here is the site http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=189390 This site has given me a little trust that my gpu will last each and every summer but I would like to get information from you guys about the safe temp situation. Here are my specs if it can further help:

AMD Athlon XP 3500+
Asus A8N sli deluxe
ATI Radeon X1800XT
80gb WD HDD
2x 1gb Corsair XMS mem chips
Creative Fatality Pro Soundcard
Antec Smartpower PSU 500 watter w/ 12v on the 12v rail.
1 rear 120mm exhaust fan, 1 80mm side intake fan, and 2x 80mm intake front fans.

So is my card normal at 75c full load? This is the temp w/o using ATI Tuner although I do have it and have used the temp control before but resetted it since I dont want the fan to be overused at 70% speed. Please guys make me feel comfortable w/ information :)

It will be fine.

I live in Az..Today it was 108, and we use a swamp cooler.

I'm running a 1900xt..its hot..but they can withstand high temps.Just give your comp rests every now and then..and don't load it to much.

Yes, it's normal.

My GeForce 8800GTS idles around 65°C, goes to about 80°C when playing games with vsync on. In other words, I'm not even stressing it to the maximum, it's hot enough here as it is :)

Yeah but whats your monthly electric bill going to be?

Those Ac units aren't cheap to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back