Config hard drives for digital video

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLE user

Still having trouble getting Pinnacle Studio Plus v9.4 to work. The customer support recommends that hard drives be unpartitioned, defragmented and there should be one hard drive devoted to video and another devoted to running the system programs. My computer specs are:

AMD Athlon63 3000+
Gigabyte GA-K8NS-939
1 Gb ram
150 Gb free mem (200 total)
ATI Radeon X700A 256M, AGP
420 Watt power supply

I think my 200 G hard drive is connected to my primary IDE port, does this mean I can install another hard drive in the secondary port for my video files? I see a free IDE port, but I dont know how it will connect to the rest of my computer? Does it slot in like adding extral RAM? Help!

Also, can I run these drives separately (ie: save video on one, and programs on the other)?

Adding a second hard drive

If you've got a spare drive bay it will fit in there. You need to set the jumper on the new drive as slave.

I looked inside my computer, and the primary IDE port has a cable attatched to it. The cable goes from the port to that 'box thing' that sits just above the floppy disk drive.

Is that 'box thing' my hard drive? Where will another one fit?

It is. There is usually space for another drive. It depends what type of case you have. Does it look like there is a big enough space above or below it? There should be holes for the mounting screws. Otherwise there may be a bigger space the size of you CDRom drive, spacers are available to allow a hard drive to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back