Config Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have owned a Latitude C610 which I received from a previous company that was purchased a few years ago. I decided to boot it up a couple weeks ago and got the Grey Screen of "death". Believe it or not, I was able to figure that password out.
I need the password for the "Enter Config Password" so I can modify the bios settings. It is locking me out of being able to change any of my bios pages.
I bought a new hard drive and can not even configure it to add the new OS.

Help?

Thanks in advance!

tvlr34m said:
I have owned a Latitude C610 which I received from a previous company that was purchased a few years ago. I decided to boot it up a couple weeks ago and got the Grey Screen of "death". Believe it or not, I was able to figure that password out.
I need the password for the "Enter Config Password" so I can modify the bios settings. It is locking me out of being able to change any of my bios pages.
I bought a new hard drive and can not even configure it to add the new OS.

Help?

Thanks in advance!

Yes there is a way and its very simple, you download the DST software from the site in my tag.

As you have an OS on the drive you will need to remove the HD, its 2 small screws and then slide the flap down and pull out the HD, this will force the Laptop to boot from the next available media.

You can use the CD, Floppy or the Image Harddrive, version, either way its a simple as boot with the chosen media, then run the software, the "service tag" is erased, this takes the password out, then you reinput the service tag.

Another method is to set the admin password so that you get the grey screen at boot up, enter the password don't press enter yet , instead hold down the CTRL button and press enter 3 times, this works with some not all BIOS's

Its a simple as 1 2 3 . if you have any questions give us a shout ..

Regards

(can you guess how I chose my username)

Config Password (revisited)

rustam_

You are apparently the person to go to based off all the posts and my story is:

I was one of the survivors of the Dot Bomb era and lucky enough, the company I worked for got bought and I still had a JOB!
During this buyout it was communicated that we could keep our laptops since as an asset it would not be advantageous to count them as anything other than salvage.
I had enjoyed using the laptop for a while but had left it on the shelf for about a year now. Being sentimental to its plight, I decided to give it to a family member in need and went to go boot it up and low and behold, the grey screen of death. I was able to figure this out but now am stuck in BIOS Personal Disability.
Yes, I am one of the lucky 595B's :rolleyes: that is uninsured and am asking you assistance. Here is my information:

H029011-595B

Please accept my thanks in advance.

~tvlr34m~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back