Configuring TC tuner - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hello all, long time no see!

I have a pinnacle WDM PCTV tv tuner in my computer, i purchased it about 3 years ago, but ive never used it because i didnt have a wallplug available. I still have the software, but since i have Vista, it doesnt install. I have tried using nero to watch it, and it does show it, but it shows about 3 frames and then freezes. Could anyone help me? Either with a program to watch and record tv or with the actual software... It does show up in device manager so I am assuming the firmware/driver is installed. I have tried viewing it through windows media centre, but it says it cant find a tv tuner...

All help appreciated!!:D

ive got the video working with a program called ChrisTV, but there is no sound for some reason... any ideas?

many programs are incompatible with Vista - in pasrticular older programs. If the manufactuer does not have an update, you will need to either run it in XP compatibility mode or load XP on your system.

Vista is notorious for driver issues.

My Htpc

I own one too, those Pinnacle PCTV had a lot of issues under XP and you really don't want to use those type of CPU hogging capture and tv tuner cards. First the picture is awful and the sound will never sync right. You need to invest in a real Capture/TV Tuner card with Hardware MPEG2 Encoder so it has it's own chipset for Audio and Video. You don't want software MPEG2 Encoder cards they uses your CPU as the hardware version of these cards don't use your CPU.

Win-TV-PVR-150: recording in analog cable tv or ANT and capturing off any devices like VCR and Camcorder.
WinTV-HVR-160: recording in analog and high def cable tv or ANT and capturing off any devices like VCR and Camcorder and or digital devices..

Goto: http://www.hauppauge.com

Once you do that if you decide on getting one you can look on Newegg and etc..

If you do get the cards you can build yourself and HTPC box as shown here is what I did since 2004, 2005, an 2006 is the latest picture with 4 PVR-150s.

133526564.jpg

133527544.jpg

133525267.jpg

133525258.jpg

You want at least 530WATT PSU and I use turbo fans to keep the case cool. Each PVR-150 does get hot when they're all running...

Now to record I use either SAGETV or GBPVR the only different between the two software programs is. One is you got to buy the other one is free.

GBPVR www.gbpvr.com or forums.gbpvr.com
SAGETV www.sagetv.com

Watching Live TV with the info up on the OSD
210503731.jpg

Here's another shot with recorded tv and comskip (which is auto commerical skipping so you don't have to do anything.
210503738.jpg

Is that GBPVR in the screen caps?

I have an HVR-1600. It works very well with BeyondTV. I had issues with GBPVR and the ATSC tuner. However, it seems BeyondTV will only mark commercials, not skip or remove them. Does GBPVR do that? If so, I may try it again.

Caleb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back