Confirmation on virus protecting logs

By themitchguy
Dec 1, 2008
  1. I have followed through with the 8-step process, and still I'm a bit skeptical that all is right with it. I still have problems with browsers, i.e. i can download updates and such, yet i can't view any web pages in any browser. Also, privleges still haven't come back to my account. Please look through these logs and see if all is well with my computer, I have the Malwarebyte's, superspyware anti-virus, and the HJT logs. Much appreciated!
  2. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

Welcome to TS. More progress is needed. Your logs show found but unanswered items. For your case, we will supplement our guide with a special scan / tool.

Observations & Recommended Action:
    • ‘Delete on Reboot’ are appearing in the log, requires that you react to the message & restart the computer after exit from the scan.
    • ComboFix is a very effective tool that scans / fixes hard to clean infections. Additionally, it includes diagnostic information.
    • Uninstall old copy of ComboFix

Supplement to guide. Successive scans used to uncover additional infections.
    • Update both MBAM & SAS. Rerun them both.

• This effort is complete when logs report NO infections/threats, or reporting something it can not clean.

• Follow ComboFix instructions referenced below.

• Scan with HJT. (part of instructions for ComboFix)

• Posts logs. Report progress & what changes are observed. Include logs that found infections.
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

A note: You are running two security suites. Decide which you want to keep and remove the other:
    CA Security Suite:
    Plus Services running for both:
    The Services for the program you do not want to keep need to be disabled,
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.