Confused LAN or not ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I am planning a 1gigabit lan but for the moment i put things like this:

2 pcs connected with a crossover cable with a pci card Surecom 32 bits of 1gbps and a motherboard Asus A8V deluxe GigaLAN.
Then a router connected to the 2 pcs with a cat5 cable linked on a motherboard MSI Neo PT> Series with 10/100 lan and a PCI network card with 10 mbps.

My router is a SMC 7904 bra with 4 ports. UI have a ADSL 512 kbps internet connection (download) and 128 kbps (upload)

Will i have any conflicts in here ??? How can i get more from this network ? Is this well ? I mean, i dont see any improvements on the transferring between my 2 pcs and i need to transfer gigas of files between them.
I get a slow connection between 2 pcs? why?

The WinXP installed on the 2pcs identifies all this and says me it is on 1 gbps LAN and my cards are all flashing correctly with the 1 giga on LAN and 10 MBps on router !

Thanks a lot

So you have two network cards on both PCs? And you want to use the crossover cable for transfers between the machines.

What are the IP addresses for all the network cards? When accessing the other PC make sure you use the IP of the gigabit interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back