ConHook.K

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiJackThis1.99

I was using my computer and a message appears,
"If your computer running slower than usual, click here to use Winantivirus to fix your problem". I, being experienced in this type of stuff, immediately thought this has to be Rogue Anti-Virus. I clicked because I was curious (not going to download anything) and immediately Spyware Doctor denies access to the website. I ran Sypware Doctor and it found nothing. I went to Wikipedia to read about Winantivirus: It actaully is know as WinFixer and ErrorSafe, it is malware, just as I thought. I went to my favorite site, Panda Active-Scan and scanned "My Computer" only (I did not scan my drives completely yet). It found a virus and said it got disinfected. The name of it was, "ConHook.K". I ran it a second time to be certain that it deleted it but it did not. I even disabled system restore and tried again, no use. I went to the Symantec Site to reach about Winantivirus and all the registry location but there were not. Finally I ran HijackThis,

Everything seems to be in order. Everything I did suggeest my computer is not infected but yet Panda does not think so.
According to Panda "ConHook.K" is a hackers tool.
Please help experts.

---
By the way, I did not install this virus, my stupid sister did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back