Connect PC and Chromebook on 2 screen configuration with KVM switch

Good morning all. I'm planning to build a 2 computer configuration with my current PC (Windows 10) and a Chromebox (Acer CXI2).

My current setup is this : I have a screens connected to my current Windows 10 PC with a microphone and speakers, so a pretty straightforward configuration. My 2 screens are connected by HDMI and DVI.

I would like to add an Acer Chromebox (CXI2) and share the same keyboard, mouse, microphone and speakers, so I was planning to get this HDMI KVM switch : http://go.shr.lc/2n5Npyo, this would make things work A1 if I had only one screen, but I do not, I want the 2 computers to get both their 'extended' desktop.

My video card on my PC is a MSI GTX 760 which has DVI, HDMI and Display port. The Chromebox has HDMI and Display Port. I had confirmation that you can connect 2 screens on the Chromebox, one by HDMI and the other one by Display Port and it works without issue.

So if I want to share the same keyboard, mouse, speakers and microphone on both systems with 2 screens, can I also add a Display Port KVM swith for both display ports (display port on GTX 760 on PC and display port on Chromebox) and have to deal with 2 KVM switches when I switch from one system to the other?

Ex.;

HDMI swicth
Control Screen 1 (HDMI)
Control Speakers
Control Microphone
Control Keyboard
Control Mouse
Configuration A = Windows PC on Screen 1
Configuration B = Chromebox on Screen 1

Display Port Switch
Control Screen 2 (Display Port)
Configuration A = Windows PC on Screen 2 (secondary extended desktop)
Configuration B = Chromebox on Screen 2 (secondary extended desktop)

So in short, I would have to press 'A' on both HDMI and DIsplay port switch to be completely on the Windows PC (2 screens, extended desktop mode, mouse, keyboard, microphone and speakers) and press 'B' on the HDMI and Display port switch to be completely on the Chromebox (2 screens, extended desktop mode, mouse, keyboard, microphone and speakers).

Is that the best way to achieve this? Is there a better setup?

Thanks a lot!

Back