connect VCR to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I want to connect my VCR to my PC and I have no idea of how to do this my PC's graphic card is "ATI X850 Platinum Edition", and its was supplied with dell it did not come with any cables or any other stuffs, all build-in just the installation cd's and etc...

And here are the specs of my card:

Display Support
VGA : Yes
DVI : Yes
Dual Monitor Display : Dual DVI-I
YPrPb Out for HDTV : Yes
S-Video Out : Yes
Composite Out : Yes

Multimedia Support
S-Video In : Yes
Composite In : Yes
TV Tuner : No
FM Tuner : No
DTV Tuner : No
Remote Control Included : No
EAZYLOOK : Yes
Audio Out : No
S/PDIF Out : No

I was searching the web of how to do this they told me I need to buy a "SCART to S-VHS and 2 x Phono Plugs with In/Out Switch"

link:http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13398&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=&doy=6m3

I dont now if this will work or not, because I got no idea

and I dont now what cables do I need and what are they called

thanks, alot

If in fact you really do have a composite video input, all you should need is some cables to run between the PC and the VCR. Composite video is marked yellow, you'll need one of these cables. You'll also need audio cables too. Your next obsticle will be software.

I have never seen a Dell that came with a video input. I do know for sure they offer that as an extra, but it isn't a standard thang. Composite video OUT is common on Dells, but not inputs....that's like a really big difference ya know. Verify that your PC does in fact have have capture hardware. If not, you either need to get a USB capture device (the fast easy.. completely external approach) or replace your grapics card with one that does have video in (not the fast easy approach but the better of the 2).

vcr to pc software

Also please could you advise me which display software can i use to actually see the VCR on my PC. I have plugged everything in and cant see anything till i use some software i guess.

thanks

Evert

u can use the software that comes with TVtuner card or the card u r using also ucan try Dr.Divx it is very cool features and compression and quality is good. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back