TechSpot

connecting a miniDV to a pc: problem!

By billl4291
Mar 25, 2007
  1. Hello!
    I'm having problems maintaining a connection from my miniDV to my computer:
    After a few minutes of recording the connection is broken and I can't get to record the whole film (recording link breaks down after 2 to 5 minutes). I have recorded on another computer without problems. Does anyone have an idea on what I should do to work on my own pc? I changed my firewire and cables...to no avail. Thanks bill

2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Booster Posts: 128

try updating your drivers

3. billl4291

billl4291 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the advice. I have installed the drivers, that is the IEEE 1394 and the miniDV once again. Still the problem persists. The recording gets cut off after several minutes and the connection is lost. There must be a trick on my pc that needs adjusting. Why is the connection established then lost? Can you suggest anything else? bill

4. chamillitarysk8

hmm try looking at the drivers and see if its a conflict

5. billl4291

billl4291 TS Rookie Topic Starter

As I am a novice in the computer world I'm trying to understand: there doesn't seem to be a conflict according to my pc but the icon of the miniDV just disappears after a few minutes. How can I get down into finding the conflict?
    Thanks again bill

6. chamillitarysk8

start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager and find it in there if its not there then windows is having problems recognizing it

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.