Connecting old PC to New LED HDMI TV

I have an old PC about 5-Years Old. The display adapter is Intel(R) 82945G Express [/contents/377-motherboard Chipset]. The Screen resolutions vary between 800x600 pixels to 1440x900 pixels. My PC has a [/contents/389-computer-screen-or-monitor VGA] port only.

I have a LG 42" LED TV with 1080p [/contents/389-computer-screen-or-monitor resolution] and HDMI port (no VGA port).

I am using a HDMI to VGA adapter along with a VGA cable to connect my PC with the TV.

Now the TV is always displaying 'No Signal'.

Please suggest any possible way to get the PC display on the TV.

Thanks.

Is this a pre-built computer or one that you put together? If it is pre-built then what is the Make and Model of your computer? If this is a custom built what is the make and model of your motherboard? Trying to find the best solution for you but need more information.

More info would be nice. In the mean time try changing up the resolution to see if you can find one that maybe the tv will like. Some tv's don't display resolutions that don't fit in their nice little idea of what a good resolution should be.

Last year I replaced the graphics card on my 11 year old desktop running XP. The new one is a GeForce 210. It cost £20 and has sockets for DVI, VGA and HDMI. It connects to a 32” LCD TV via VGA with a custom resolution set of 1280x1024 which is acceptable for me. I decided to connect up with an HDMI cable after reading your post. It came on at once at 1280x720.

I thought I’ll just set it to my custom setting using the nVidia control panel and forget the old VGA lead. Surprisingly, the desktop screen shown with HDMI is slightly different to VGA at the same resolution. Whatever I try, the taskbar is not fully shown although it is still functional. You can upgrade your PC with a cheapo graphics card with HDMI but the posts saying that there are likely to be issues with selecting a suitable resolution are correct.

Back