Connecting old PC to New LED HDMI TV

By dds786
Oct 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I have an old PC about 5-Years Old. The display adapter is Intel(R) 82945G Express [/contents/377-motherboard Chipset]. The Screen resolutions vary between 800x600 pixels to 1440x900 pixels. My PC has a [/contents/389-computer-screen-or-monitor VGA] port only.

I have a LG 42" LED TV with 1080p [/contents/389-computer-screen-or-monitor resolution] and HDMI port (no VGA port).

I am using a HDMI to VGA adapter along with a VGA cable to connect my PC with the TV.

Now the TV is always displaying 'No Signal'.

Please suggest any possible way to get the PC display on the TV.

Thanks.
  2. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 99   +12

Is this a pre-built computer or one that you put together? If it is pre-built then what is the Make and Model of your computer? If this is a custom built what is the make and model of your motherboard? Trying to find the best solution for you but need more information.
  3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 617   +111

More info would be nice. In the mean time try changing up the resolution to see if you can find one that maybe the tv will like. Some tv's don't display resolutions that don't fit in their nice little idea of what a good resolution should be.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.