Connecting pc to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilduck

sorry im a total n00b at these things, but its possible to connect my pc to my tv using the cable that came with my GF4 right?

can anyone tell me how this is done?

thx

By cable are you referring to an A/V cable? Or an S-Video cable? if its either one, yes it is possible if your television has the matching input...A/V-out to A/V-in....S-video-out to S-video-in..etc...

I assume you want to use TV-out function of your vid card..

Your TV or VCR needs to have appropriate input capability for your cable, you can also by an adapter if needed.

First:
THIS IS IMPORTANT! - Turn off your computer and TV.
Some cards come with no protective cirquits for the TV connection and you can easily fry your card. Don't connect the cable between your PC and TV when either of them is turned on.

Second:
Connect the cable.

Third:
Turn stuff on

Fourth:
Run TV out software on PC.
TV-out is built into nVidia drivers, there are also
TV-Tool and TVCC . If you can't manage youself with any of these, just post back.

Fifth:
Fiddle with TV/VCR controls to get a picture. Consult your TV/VCR manual.

By fiddle he means change the channel to the Auxillary channel..if you're having a hard time with it..just flip through the channels till you find it :grinthumb

thx for the help guys, i tried it out but for some reason my S video cable doesnt fit my tv. it doest have the right plug in neither the in or out end. i think i have to buy something to make it work.

Well I'm glad we could help somewhat...just head down to your local electronics store...it shouldnt cost you but a few dollars for a cheap cable:grinthumb ....Oh and I welcome you to techspot..I hope you keep coming back.....

Ever watch Star trek? If you have then you can think of us as the Borg..in a good way... We're a collective of many many people...all striving to help.....:grinthumb

ok ive got it all connected but im having some picture trouble, is it possible to set the resolution higher than 640 by 480? Im also getting blurring in avi movies in full screen mode.

is there something i still have to set up?

...Well I do believe you can change the resolution by going under the your display settings, you should be able to change the resolution of your output:) If the AVI's are fuzzy its probably because of the resolution (640x480)

actually it wont let me change it past 640 by 480 in the control panel. could it be my tv? its a sony trinitron though, i think it can go past that. although right now it says my display device is default monitor, do i need to change it to tv somewhere?

How did you enable the tv-out? Did you enable it straight from the Display Properties? or did you go into advanced and then Nview, and select Clone?

Some hit 800x600 Soul Harvester. Some even a bit higher. I bought a television that had just over 900 lines of res.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back