Connecting Pc to TV

By Rob2931
Aug 12, 2007
  1. By using an S video cable, Im not getting any sound. Do i need to use an audio wire as well?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Yes, you need to connect an audio cable. S-Video doesn`t carry any audio.

Regards Howard :)
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

You should look for a line out to RCA converter so you can hook it up directly to a TV, or to your sound system.

Something similar to this device
  4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,462   +1,760

All you need is Love... and a Cable.....

Basically you need the same "Y" connector you would use to connect a portable CD player to a home stereo receiver. Stereo mini-phone plug to 2 RCA male plugs. If the adapters you find are too short to reach, you could get a stereo mini-plug to 2 RCA FEMALES, then make up the difference with a standard line connector. (2 RCA males to 2 RCA males).
  5. 1bellb

1bellb TS Enthusiast Posts: 86

6. wii-ste

wii-ste TS Rookie Posts: 163

PC World and other good computedr outlets sell packs often called 'Laptop to TV kit' or something similar. They include the S-Video cable, the audio lead and usually a SCART adapter too. Think they are around £20, so you can probably get it cheaper online - perhaps has one, I'm not sure because I havent had time to check.
  7. 1bellb

1bellb TS Enthusiast Posts: 86

ye you can get them alot cheap, i prefer the expensive things, i paid £35-£40 on my kit but you can buy them at places like Tesco for a total of £8-£9
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.