TechSpot

Connecting TV as monitor

By Fayt
Jul 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soon I will have to give my monitor back to a friend and all I have is a nvidia GeForce 5200 256mb video card with a tv out. However when i connect to the tv the screen is black with some static showing whats happening in the background. I have a dimension 3000 and upgraded the power supply cuz it wasnt working very well. Now it works fine and this is my only problem. Is there something i need to set up before connecting to the tv? I have the latest driver for the card. I appreciate any insight you can give me. Thanks.
  2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

I setup a tv and had issues, I had to enable nview in display properties(I did a dual monitor/tv display, you might not need nview), and then "force tv detection". I then went through a wizard about connecting my tv(had to say what connection I used, then set the tv to aux 1 to get it to work. It took a long time to get it setup right.)

I think in display properties/settings, I clicked on the tv screen icon then hit properties and found the tv wizard somewhere.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.