Connecting VCR to Shuttle PC flat screen to view videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have a 2gz, 512mb, 17" flat screen, 160gb HD, Shuttle PC, and would very much like to buy a VCR player and connect the VCR to my Shuttle so that I can watch video's on my monitor.

Please can you help me to learn exactly what I need in the video, the cables, and the software.

Very much appreciation

WhiteRabbit

Yeh I can appreciate the slurping issue :)

Does the video play straight to the monitor or is a file created of the video which is then played on computer?

What kind of hardware would I be looking at? Are we talking new graphics card?

Much appreciated

I haven't used the USB device I posted, but I have heard it is very reliable. If you have a miniDV camera, you can use firewire and a IEEE 1394 input. That's the REAL way to do it. If you are using a traditional VCR or perhaps a Hi8 camera, you will need some sort of capture device such as the device I lister B4. My other machine has an ATI All In Wonder video card that has a composite video input. It does work in real time and you don't need any other special hardware besides a DVD burner, although it is nice to have an actual television hooked up for secondary viewing. The other issue is of course software. I am a huge fan of Ulead products. A lot of bang for the buck, but still some sorta serious bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back