Connection But Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolanddes

Hello everybody!

A month ago I had no problem with using my hp compaq laptop which my firm gave me, at home. only thing I had to do was just unclick the box that says "use prox server for all connecions" in internet explorer /tools /settings /connections /lan setting. Everything was fine. Then I do not know what happened but today I can not seem to access any web sites. I tried connecting my speedtouch router by wireless and by ethernet cable. Buth seemed ok. There was connection even 54 mbit connection. but I still can not reach any web sites. I can ping 127.0.0.1, I can ping 192.168.1.254 (my router) But I can not ping google. com or yahoo. com. I thought that it could be because of dns settings. I checked but dns is configured to obtain adress automatically. I just searched previous similar posts but no help I got. I do not know what to do.
Need Help?

Thank you..

Can you access your router by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser address line?
That should then let you into the guts of the thing and you can see the what the connection status is.

Please also note the following lifted from a post by daveskater

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

Yes. when I enter my routers ip in to the adress line I can access to my router and can see that it has online connection and ip.

Does that lead me to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back