Connection refused on wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

I've set up a small and simple network for someone.

A netgear dg834g router
...wired connecthion to fileserver
...wired connection to workstation1
...wireless connection to workstation 2

Having only today set up the wireless, one of the staff came to use the internet, and discovered a site that's not working ... www.care2.com. When trying to access this site on the wireless workstation, Firefox responds with a "connection refused" alert. I've not been able to find any other site that results in this error.

However, on the wired workstation, firefox can access that same address without error.

I have no idea what it is about the care2 website that's different, and so I can't really identify the problem. It's probably safe to say though that if there's a problem brining up one website, then theres a problem brining up other websites somewhere.

I have no idea where to start looking for this issue, and so I'm hoping someone here either knows what the problem is, can find out, or can guide me through it? (I'm very puzzled! lol).

That happens often to me. Don't pay any attention to it ... It usually goes away after a while. I guarantee you'll be able to access that site if not by tomorrow, then sometime soon. If it doesn't though, I don't really have any advice though. o_o

ah! brilliant - thanks. :)

I thought it was a server response. lol. Of course, what it does mean is that I'm going to have to check the HOSTS file on the other computer to make sure it's up to date :)

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back