TechSpot

Connection time out when trying to open my ftp site

By rmwesh
Jun 16, 2008
  1. Hi there,

I have a problem with a server (win server 2003)that was connecting well to my ftp site on the local network but for some strange reason is no longer able to. If i try and ping the ftp server, the network seems ok, but when i try to open my ftp site then i get this error msg about connection time out. The firewall is turned off so. Any one out there with an idea what this could be?

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Try CCleaner to clear all your temporary files.

Then test again

Still the same?
    Temporarily turn off any firewall, and test again.

3. rmwesh

rmwesh TS Rookie Topic Starter

kimsland,

Thanks for you post. I have just finished downloading the exe you suggested but haven't tried it yet. I am not sure what is happening bcos am now having the same problem with two more servers on the network. I just hope the ccleaner thing works...else i will be a seriously worked up dood

4. rmwesh

rmwesh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks

Kimsland,

Thanks for your response. I have just finished downloading the ccleaner thing but have not yet tried it as yet. I dont know whats happening bcos now am having the same problem with two more servers on the network. I just hope the ccleaner thing works else i'll be a seriously worked up dood

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.