Connection to monitor

martinlw

Hi I have a video card installed and my monitor on the DVI is connected no problem but because I only bought the video card for connecting a HDMI cable,which I have no need now I removed the video card and connected with the DVI to the motherboard connection ,and the monitor says no input,tried it on another monitor still the same even tried the Motherboard VGA still no joy,not being that technical could it be something in the Bios just a guess any ideas whats going on.regards Martin

Review motherboard manual, enter BIOS, reset to default, review and adjust BIOS settings.

Your current BIOS setting is probably trying to find the video card.

Well I tried changing the pci video card to the intergrated video card still no change tried the jumpers on the board cmos also put the intergrated card on force instead of enabled and through all these have removed pci video card no luck.

I guess you are saying that you removed the external video card and attempted to switch to the internal video by jumpers on the motherboard which relate to CMOS.

Does the manual indicate more than one step for clearing CMOS or changing graphics?

I went into the Bios and there was a enable and disable for the pci express where my video card is as well as for the intergrated motherboard video I tried enable intergrated nothing then tried force it still nothing.I also tried removing the battery for ten minutes I will have to have another study of the bios tomorrow takes some understanding.

I have now tried everything I know and also while disconnected various parts noticed that I dont get a beep on startup tried all options in the Bios tried the jumpers again the intergrated video card still no output,yet the monitor works when ive installed my video pci express card and the usbs all work on the motherboard and sound works completely baffled its as if the bios wont recognise the onboard graphics.

That may be just the case. Is it possible that the graphics are expected on the CPU and are not there in the specific CPU you have?

Well you are absolutely right I discovered my CPU dosent have any graphics included with it when I first had a computer my motherboard had intergrated graphics included I presumed they were still the same I feel a right pratt still you live and learn,as for the beep everything loads up correctly so I cant see there is a problem.:D

Back