Conroe Beast any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcurko

hi all i know this is another post about my system but it seems i have come up with a bit more money then expected so you all know im in Australia so if you recommend anything make sure its in AUsralian dollars plz otherwise its pointless for me this is what im looking at right now

MOBO: Gigabyte 965P DQ6 $341
CPU: E6600 $485
RAM: 2 x 1G OCZ DDR2 675 5400 $353
Hard Drive: Seagate 320GB SATAII 16mb $144
DVD-RW: Pioneer 111D black OEM $51
CASE: TT Armour Black$245
GPU: 512mb Sapphire X1950XTX $644
Monitor: Dell 2407 $1200
Keyboard: G15 $100
Mouse: G5 $85
Speakers: Z-5500 $469
TOTAL $4177

i was thinking of changing the ram and mobo to a ASUS P5W DH Deluxe i might crossfire in the future but not too sure is that a good setup is the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe better then the dq6 for crossfire and performance overall my budget im trying not to get over 4.5 and i mean NOT GET OVER so if anyone has ideas oh and a psu recommandation to a tt tough power 700W or OCZ any ideas guys the monitor i think will be pretty good unless my video card aint powerfull enough
i use www.staticice.com.au to get all the stuff
thanks to anyone in advanced who replies greatly appreciated

If your gonna go that much money, i would get a Dual Xeon system, with 2 dual core Xeons, they own for servers and gaming.

If you go with the Xeon processors don't you need to use registered memory? I would stick with the E6600. If you plan on going the crossfire route I would look for at least a 650 watt psu. Antec, Enermax, OCZ and PC Power and Cooling all make good highend power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back