Considering buying Radeon X1300, would it be better than int. graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogityboo04

I'm currently considering buying THIS graphics card as a low cost alternative to my integrated graphics. My question is, would this be good enough for gaming (i don't mind low quality settings, as long as I get good FPS), and how much better would it be than the integrated graphics in my (P4 3.0 GHz, 1 gig RAM) computer.

EDIT: It's a Dell Dimension E510 with the intel 82945G integrated graphics.

almost anythign is better than integrated grpahics. what motherboard does your dell use and are you sure it has a PCI-E slot?

It would be a good improvement over integrated. But it would be unacceptable for gaming IMO. But still, I demand high performance anyways. Just depends on what you're ready to settle for.

Well its $80 so it will fit my limited budget. I just realized that my psu might not handle it, its 300 watts i think, any opinions?

If your PSU is a quality one, it should be enough, unless you have a lot of hard drives, lots of fans, lights, etc.

How many amps it has on the 12V rail? You can find that info on the sticker attached to the power supply. You should have something like 20 amps or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back