Consistent BSOD/Fail running Retrospect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a consistent BSOD while running Retrospect. It gives "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000e38, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf648dd4b)."

as a message.

It occurs only while running somewhat lengthy retrospect backups, but it occurs during every single one. It occurs both when I try to back up to disks and tapes.

I've memtested my ram, I've checked my computer temperatures with Prime95 + SiSoft Sandra burn-in. I don't show any appreciable droop on the 12v rail as it approaches failure, so I'm completely at a loss.

I know I'm a newly registered member, and I'm sorry for having a first post begging for advice, but I'm completely out of ideas.

Minidumps attached in a Zip file

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at symidsco.sys. This is the Symantec IDS Core Driver. They also reference SYMTDI.SYS. This is the Symantec Network Dispatch Driver. Also referenced is Rtlnicxp.sys. This is your Realtek nic 10/100/1000 NDIS 5.1 Driver.

Symantec/Norton crapwear strikes again.

The best advice I can give you is to uninstall that Symantec/Norton crap and use a different security programme, not McAfee.

You should also check for any driver updates for your Realtek nic.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back