Constant beeping on startup, and windows automatically closing. Web browsers stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help - My Windows XP Sony Vaio PCG-K295HP laptop has developed a fault that causes windows to close of their own accord, web browsers to display 'stopped' and fail to load web pages and my laptop now beeps for approximately 30 seconds whilst booting up.

I have read as much as i can find about this on various forums and have attached a hijack this logfile.

Thanks in advance!

Constant beeping is always some sort of warning. Does your laptop have a video card that could possibly have become disconnected? Is your memory seated tightly. When a ram module becomes loose, it too can cause a beeping. Good Luck. I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about laptops otherwise.

Thanks for the reply - i have found by running registry mechanic I can make the windows closing/web browser windows stopping faults stop. This is only temporary cure however. I have also found that if i kill the 'cidaemon.exe' process in the task manager this enables me to continue using the computer as per normal.

hmmmm.

The beeping is a warning from your system of a specific hardware fault. You can find these in google (the beeps are generally manufacturer specific).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back