Constant bluescreening pls see attached minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first post...

Ive had constant bluescreening for the last couple of days, only thing ive done is install far cry about 2 weeks ago but only started playing it recently. I changed graphic settings yesterday ingame and it crashed my system, ill try downloading the latest ati graphics dirvers, I also had to reseat my ram (512MB) to get Battlefield 2 to work about a month or two ago.

its a dell dimension 8400

Pentium 4 3.1Ghz
512 MB Ram (4200)
DVD RW
CD
ATI RADEON x300 128Mb card

Attached is a minidump zip, all help is mightily appreciated.

hope to hear from you guys soon.

Attachments

• Mini120705-02.zip
    81.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi,

I dont mean to bump this up, but its fairly serious, if anyone can check my minidumps in the first p[ost and get back to me i would really appreciate it.

thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are crashing with memory corruption. This is a symptom of faulty ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks Howard,

latest crash is booting to Windows xp desktop, i can sign into mc afee privacy service, then the mouse moves, but i cant do anything, nothing works, icons, start button, nothing, if i hit a couple keys, mouse freezes and the system cpu beeps every couple of seconds...

by the way, im testing the ram straight after i send this in.

Morning lads,

I think that it was one of the RAM sticks... im down to 256Mb ram but at least it works. I noticed with the bad ram, i wouldnt see the ATI icon in the system tray and after about half a minute the system froze up completely as in my last post about the desktop.

Cheers for all the help, ill be sure to come back here with any probs in future.

Go raibh mile mhaith agat Howard.
(irish for a thousand thankyou's!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back