Constant BSOD and crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I need help, please. My computer is frequently going into BSOD, and always with other faults. Recently I have changed my mobo (Shuttle AN35/N) cause I had problem with memory (both controller and memory were fault). Now I have a new mobo Asus A7N8X-XE with new memory - TwinMos 1Gb in kit (2x512 MB 400MHz), and the crashes are worst than ever. I did memtest and memory is ok. Also I did several clean installs of WinXP SP2. Applications and OS are the same, drivers are all new. With bsod my Internet explorer crashes, I had several 'Dr. Watson debugger needs to close' problems, Acrobat 7 and Illustrator crashed, several installations crashed, etc. Also I've got several frozen states of windows. I'm sending minidumps in attachment and hijack log.

Thanks for help.

Conf:

MB Asus A7N8X-XE -- new
RAM TwinMos 1GB Dual Channel kit (2x512 400) -- new
Grafička GeCbue 9550 XT Infinity -- 8 months old
PS Chieftec 400 W -- 2 months old
AMD Barton 2500
Win XP SP2 with updates

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
verify that there is only a metal standoff where there is a mounting hole/screw attached. any standoff in another location will shortcircuit your mobo. (a loose screw or bracket could also be wedged behind the mobo). either way you should test the system outside the acse to elminate a possible short circuit.

next up... do you have another power supply to test with? chieftech makes decent cases, but their power supplies are not very good quality.

i tried and put the mobo out of the case, and the problem is still the same. the psu is new and i didn't have this problems on previous mobo. i doubt that this is due to the psu. on the other hand, i don't have any other psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back