Constant BSODs after login (STOP: 0x000000F4)

Yesterday, I put my computer into sleep and when I came back I noticed there was a BSOD. But when I re-booted itself, the blue screen happened again just several seconds after I had been logged in. I tried starting in safe mode, but the same thing happened there. No matter how I log-in a BSOD always occurs 10-30 seconds afterwards. I googled the stop code that comes on every time (STOP: 0x000000F4). But I can't troubleshoot or do anything because the BSOD will happen every time I use Windows even if I'm in safe mode.

The only thing I could think that is causing this is a virus. Before I was having problems with random redirects (to 95p.com and mediashifting.com) I did a virus scan and found a virus, but after it was removed the redirects still remained; so I found a website that showed how to get rid of them. I then downloaded 'spydoctor' from the website before I went on to the next step of removing them. I'm pretty sure this was shortly before the BSODs started. The only other thing I recently downloaded was Valve's Source SDK, a couple days before.

I'm doing others things like cleaning dust out to see if it will help but nothing so far has worked. Can someone maybe tell me a way to access Windows without a BSOD?

"But I can't troubleshoot or do anything because the BSOD will happen every time I use Windows even if I'm in safe mode"...

If this is the case, format the hard drive and re-install Windows fresh

Back