asus m4a77t/usb3 mb
wd 500gb hdd
amd phenom II 550 unlocked
cooler master hyper n520 cpu cooler
4gb patriot ddr3
pny nvidia gt 220
linksys pci wireless card

I think thats all.

ive formatted and reinstalled windows about 5 times now and still am having the same problem. it works good for a few days and then it starts giving me bsod more and more frequently each time

Attachments

• dumpfiles.zip
    109.1 KB · Views: 1
One of your minidumps reported issues with NTFS file system, please follow these instructions to check/fix any problems with your OS's partition:

1. Go to Start, All Programs
2. Accessories
3. Right Click on 'Command Prompt'
4. Select 'Run as Administrator'
5. type chkdsk /r (it also automatically implies /f) and press enter

Please do keep us updated with regard to your progress. Regards

i just tried that and nothing came up.
i also restored to just before i did the windows update and everything seems like its fine (so far anyway)
do you think the new update is not compatible with my hardware combination or does it seem like i have a bad hdd?

thanks a lot for your help with this

There is a chance that HDD is acting up a bit, but I wouldn't rule out that update issue. Have you noted the exact details (i.e. KB number etc.) of update in question?

On the safer side, do keep any eye on your HDD by regularly checking it.

Sorry for not getting back to you for a while. i eliminated the HDD and update idea by changing the hdd and reinstalled windows and chose not to download updates. I'm able to use it with no problems for a while but as soon as i start downloading programs such as an antivirus program or google chrome its only a matter of time before i start getting the same blue screens.

Since i've been on this forum last i've installed a much bigger processor cooler, ran memtest for an entire night with no problems, removed my wireless card, restored all defaults in my bios, changed hard drives, taken everything apart and put it back together, and reformatted and reinstalled windows about 5 more times.

One more thing. I can almost predict when im going to get the screen because 99% of the time I am browsing the internet and the browser will crash. It will do it between 1 and 15 times before i will get the blue screen. another weird thing that happens is i will turn the computer on and all of a sudden it says my virus definitions are not up to date and it wont let me update them.

I know this is a lot but any expert knowledge I am willing to take right now

I think one more thing you need to look at is, RAM settings/voltage in the BIOS of your motherboard. Everything there should match with the specs of RAM provided with packaging.

ok i raised the voltage to 1.75 volts and i actually think that fixed it. let me give it a few more days

Thanks again so much for your expert advice and taking the time to help me

Back