Constant reseting cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
My specs are the following:

Asus K8V
Athlon 64 3200
160 Gb hard drive
ATI 9800 XT vid card

Now my problem is..I had 1 gb of PC 2700 memory and everything was working fine. Yesterday I bought 1 gb of PC 3200 memory and installed it. I plugged the power cord back in and as soon as I hit the main power switch in the back of the case the computer came on. Well, as if that wasnt enough...it went into this cycle of constantly restarting itself, never making into windows XP. I dont know what I did. The power switch and reset switch in the front of the case arent stuck. All the wires are connected. Any help? Thanks

Aaron

disable cpc override in the bios, if you have the choice. if problem persists, you can either look to faulty ram, improper installation, or incorrect bios settings. is the ram compatible w/your board?

Check your heatsink. If the CPU heats up too quickly it will automatically turn off. It may have gotten loose, make sure its fan is spinning.

try putting the old mem back, The new mem may not be configured right. DO you see the RAM test?

Thanks for the quick replies. I reset my CMOS and repaired the windows installation and so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back