Continous beeps but no bios screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2.8 dual core, intel 945 GNTL motherboard 512x2 ram
i did something with bios the other day and now system is only giving continous beeps but no display not even i can reach bios.

is there any way i can reset the setting of bios.

i tried taking the battery out of mother board but that didnt work some one told me there is a jumper setting that could be helpful to reset.

can some one guide me with that process

There is trouble here in reiver city... You apparently have a major hardware problem... memory, cpu, video graphics card... But most motherboard manufactures post what all their beep codes mean... they are not the same from one manufacturer to another. But if you go to the manufacturer's web site, and roam around a bit, you should find out what the motherboard thinks the problem is.
Another way is to go back to basics... remove or disable everything except the power supply, one memory module, and video connection, then boot to a floppy disk which has MS DOS or Windows 98 boot on it. If it works, add a piece. If not, change the memory module and try again... keep trying basic hook ups... then if nothing, call tech support of the manufacturer.

Heard this

Jeff_Ally said:
i have a 2.8 dual core, intel 945 GNTL motherboard 512x2 ram
i did something with bios the other day and now system is only giving continous beeps but no display not even i can reach bios.

is there any way i can reset the setting of bios.

i tried taking the battery out of mother board but that didnt work some one told me there is a jumper setting that could be helpful to reset.

can some one guide me with that process

I once needed to reset the BIOS to default setting.

This is what I was told

1) Locate a Jumper with clear BIOS (or similar) written next to it

2) If unable to locate that jumper, NOT JUST take out the battery, BUT insert it upside down (ie. cause a short)

NOT SURE if this is safe.

Wait for some Techspot expert's opinion before attempting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back