Continous BSOD on XP

Hi everybody,

I'm new to all this forum stuff but need some help. I keep getting BSOD on my laptop:

Make: HP ProBook 6550b
Intel Core i5 M520 @ 2.4Ghz
RAM: 3GB

It is a work laptop and another of my colleagues gets the same.

I have updated all the drivers that I could find on the HP website. I have tried reading the minidumps but can't make out what is going on in them.

Could somebody please help me find out where the problem is? I have uploaded the last 4 minidumps and a log file from Mini010912-01.dmp.

Attachments

• Mini010912-01.dmp
    116 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010812-02.dmp
    116 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini010812-01.dmp
    116 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini010712-01.dmp
  • debuglog1.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
It looks like the minidumps are pointing to the hard drive setting drivers for SCSI and ACPI... Maybe the bios are corrupt or it's a hard drive issue

BSOD again but with a diff message

I dont think its the HDD. The BSOD messages are starting to change. I downloaded memtest and got now error there either.

Check out the latest dump. Wish I knew how to read them. Where can I learn that?

Attachments

• Mini010912-02.dmp
Download and install Bluescreenview... You will quickly learn that minidumps are simple obscure clues, and that it takes practice and experience to use them to our advantage. In this case you are getting general Windows instability errors. I wasn't saying that the hard drive was bad. SCSI, ACPI have more to do with controllers. Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

"It is a work laptop and another of my colleagues gets the same"... This could point to software or maybe even a network issue. Do you access networked disk drives?

Back