Continuing stability problems with AMD/ Abit NF7 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBot

system Specs:

MB: Abit NF7 (v 2.0) with BIOS 27 (latest)

GRAPH:

Nvidia GFORCE FX5200 128 mb ddr 8xAGP
(i have also tried a GFROCE FX5200 256 mb ddr PCI, but no joy!)

MEM: 512 MB DDR 333 crucial RAM ( single stick)

CPU: AMD athlonxp 2800

PSU:Tagan TG480-U01 480W ATX / EPS Power Supply

HDD: 120gb 7200 rpm maxtror

other drives: 3.5" FDD, DVD+/- r/wr drive (generic)

ok

so the system seams stable enough

but when i run GTA3 or a similar app ( including music producion apps)

i get the following crash ( i have turned off instant restart so i can see the info on blue screen

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000d1(0xF8C0ED10, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF37DEB03)

nvmcp.sys - address F37DEB03 base at f3783000

p.s

all my dirvers are uptodate

have done clean install of os but no change :(

help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Test your ram.

Download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org

Let the programme run for at least seven passes.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thnks for the responce howard,

I'll updat my profile tonite

I have run memtest86+ with no errors reported

how do i test for damaged pagefiles?infact what are page files?

A pagefile(swapfile) is an area of your hard drive that Windows uses as virtual memory.

Normally your pagefile should be set to about 1.5X the ammount of ram you have. I.E for 512mb of ram a pagefle size of 768mb should be ok.

You can set/change your page file by right clicking my computer, and selecting properties, then the advanced tab, then under the performance box click settings, and then the advanced tab. Under the virtual memory box click change. Click on the custom size button. Now enter the minimum and the maximum pagefile size. I have my pagefile set to 768mb for both minimum and maximum.

If you suspect that your pagefile has become corrupt, then you should set your pagefile to 0mb. Don`t restart your system yet. Now run chkdsk c: /f /r and restart your computer.

Once your computer has restarted, and the chkdsk has run, reset you pagefile to 1.5X the ammount of ram you have. Now restart your computer again.

Regards Howard :)

i have found that the real problem for that stop message is that you graphics card is sharring and irq and it doesnt like it. never put a pci card in the first slot under the agp if you use agp. my advice is to move thew cards around until you find that your system is soldid and call it a day.

thanks but i have no pci card installed

i have since replace my mother board

the system is now alot more stable however still crashes intermitedly when playing games

so i'm saving up for replacemnt gfx next

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back