TechSpot

Continuous, daily crashing -- ‘ntoskrnl+80640’

1. I’m running an AMD Phenom II X6 1035T on a Crosshair V motherboard with 2 SSDs, 1 HDD and a few external drives.

Ever since getting the new system together (before I used a different motherboard, PSU and only HDDs) I get daily crashes.

I’ve attached a dump report, a whole bunch of pictures of system specs, and virtually everything I know. There’s also a document that looks at SSD and HDD status – I’m suspecting it’s my OCZ SSDs that may be acting up…

The crash address is ‘ntoskrnl+80640’.

I also get this curious warning from my Crosshair V motherboard software (even though I did not edit the default settings of the motherboard). Please see attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Yes, running 2 SSD's on an Asus motherboard... you're a brave soul :rolleyes:

Swap the positions of the 2 SSD's, one as the boot drive. Both SSD's can't be bad at the same time

3. abcdzzzzzzzzzzz

abcdzzzzzzzzzzz TS Rookie Topic Starter

DMP files

Do you suggest buying a higher quality SSD? say Intel?

Wish I could post my DMP files but the file size is too large. I've attached the most recent ones.

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

All the minidumps are the same:
    CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
    Ntoskrnl.exe

Can you try raising the DRAM voltage a bit? Is the voltage around 1.5 volts? If so, raise it to around 1.69 volts