Control Panel Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I had a virus outbreak on my desktop. I was able to ward off almost all the problems through a combo of virus scans, and registry cleaning. The only thing that I was unable to resolve, was that my control panel is missing, and when i attempt to open in with other methods, it says the administrator disabled it.

Any advice would be most appreciated. I'm attaching a hijack this log taken today. Thanks very much!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of madroxthegreat only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Just post all the requested log files as attachments, once you`ve completed the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of madroxthegreat only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

It works fine for me, so I`m not sure what your problem is.

However, since you`re having a problem, you can copy and paste your logs and I`ll delete them after I`ve finished with them.

Edit: I`ve just seen your attached log file.

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "Ignored". That`s because you haven`t told AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results as per the instructions. See this pictorial guide.

Please post the following log files all at once, after completing the instructions.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Alright, here are my new reports, and I didn't see an antirootkit scan option in AVG

It seems the problem has been fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the help. I'll be seeing you around

I didn't see an antirootkit scan option in AVG

That`s because you haven`t followed the instructions in this thread HERE. The AVG Antirootkit programme is a completely separate and different programme from all the other AVG programmes. You`ll find the instructions in step11.

You haven`t posted a HJT log either.

Unless you follow the instructions properly, it just makes it that much harder for me to help you effectively.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DoNotDelete] C:\WINDOWS\system32\explore.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\explore.exe<Do not delete any other instance of this file.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT and Combofix logs and let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Edit: I`ve just seen your last post. I have to tell you now, your system is not clean and needs to be worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back