Control Panel XP View

Status
Not open for further replies.

superty12

I switched my Control Panel to Classic View to see what it looked like, and I can't change it back to XP view. Does anyone know how to do this?

What about (at the top of the Control Panel) Tools > Folder Options > General tab > Show common tasks in folder?

Right click on the Taskbar> Properties> Start Menu tab> change the check to 'Start Menu' instead of 'Classic'> Apply> OK

That will give you the 'XP' setting.

Try right clicking on an empty part of your desktop and click on Properties. Click on the Themes drop down menu and find Windows XP theme. Select it and click OK or Apply. That should restore everything back to the original Windows XP color scheme.

If you only want to change the color of certain items, go to that same Themes page but this time click on the Appearances tab. Next click on the Advanced button to change the color of any individual item. You can save the new color scheme by naming it and saving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbye View Post
Right click on the Taskbar> Properties> Start Menu tab> change the check to 'Start Menu' instead of 'Classic'> Apply> OK

That will give you the 'XP' setting.
I'm talking about Control Panel.

That does change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back