Converting my SSD from IDE mode to ACHI mode?

pw2much

When I installed my Samsung SSD 840 series 120gb I configure it in IDE mode not knowing it should have been in ACHI mode instead, my question is can I reconfigure it into ACHI mode and how do I do it without losing any files? I've also done it to and OCZ and a Plextor SSD and would like to reconfigure them as well. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated! The Samsung computer is an ASUS-M4A785TD-V Evo-,CPU-AMD Phenom II X4 925 processor, 6GBs of ram, Nvidia Geforce GT 520video card, Multi Drive+ blue ray writer,2x 1TB HHD, Corsair 650W PSU. Win. 7Ultimate. (2.) My OCZ sys.is: ASUS F1A75-V Pro, AMD A8 3870K APU, Corsair 16GB 1600Mhz ram, OCZ 120GB SSD + 500GB HHD, 1TB HHD, Nividia Geforce GT520 video card, LG blue ray player + LG Multi-Drive, Corsair 600W PSU, Win. 7 Home P.(3.) my Plextor is housed in an: AsRock- FM2A85X Extreme 4 w/ AMD A10 5800K APU,16GBs G.Skill 1866Mhz of ram, 1Plextor 256GB M5 Pro.SSD, 2x 1TB HHDs + 1-2TB External drive, Rosewill Hive 750W PSU, Win.7 Home P. I need these drive configured right so that I can get the best performance from them when I do some upgrades on these systems!!

Last edited:
Thank You guys! Would the same procedure work for the Samsung and the Plextor above in system (2) + (3)??

Actually, it is the problem of OS, because when the driver loaded with OS expecting that the boot disk become IDE, so ACHI mode couldn't support. If you want to change it manually install the OS and edit the registry.

Back