Converting Quake III: Team Arena demos to .mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

This can either be a gaming or a video question, but to me it was more video...

I'm trying to convert my Quake 3 Team Arena demos to something I can play on a normal media player, like a .mpg or .avi file. I wanted to make a VCD out of them so I can showcase the effectiveness of the railgun at close range. Are there any programs that will convert them? Can I just rename them to something else? It would really be great if I could :D

I haven't seen a program that does this, so please post if you find it. However, this will work if you have the right equipment. If you have a video card with TV out, hook your TV up and play the demo. While the demo is playing, you'll need to record it with a VCR. Then using a video capture card/software, record the video from the VCR to your harddrive in avi/mpeg format.

I haven't done this myself, and I would assume that visual quality will be degraded, but it should work.

Try using HyperCAM to record the demo whilst it is playing. A free trial can be downloaded.

Failing that u will have to take the video signal out and then back in to your PC using a TV Out card, and Video capture card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back