TechSpot

Converting WMA to WAV or MP3 for free

By leem
Oct 25, 2004
  1. I need a utility to convert wma to mp3 or wav files. I thought audacity would do it, but it wont work. Importing raw data just makes noise. Any suggestions or programs you can reccomend? :grinthumb

2. domeasour

domeasour TS Rookie

Audacity should work. I edit all my raw audio there. try updating to the latest version. also try tweeking the settings

3. Technel

Technel TS Rookie Posts: 28

Yeah, I would recommend Audacity as well. Just import the file and resave it.

Just a note, Audacity does not ship with an MP3 encoder (legal problems). You can download that file here (you just need the lame_enc.dll file). When you try saving as .mp3, it will ask you for the location of lame_enc.dll.

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

MusicMatch Jukebox is another one you could use. You can get it here

5. death

death TS Rookie Posts: 56

6. kbrowder

kbrowder TS Rookie

streambox ripper?

Hello friend.

I've been trying to find a good copy of Streambox Ripper, but everything I've got has to have a password or is no longer working.

Your link is dead, so I was trying to contact and see if you have the correct one.

Ken

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.