Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiJackThis1.99

I have the free version of Spyware Doctor. Meaning I have to manually remove injections on my PC. If any of you have this program you would know almost always it detects brower downloading and removes them. Since I do not want to go through every Temp Internet File I simply go to internet options and click delete files and cookies. It removes everything. So when I use Spyware Doctor to check for brower activity it has a count of zero files because I delete all of them. Today for some reason after doing this 15 remained again and again. 5 of them are unwanted cookies according to Spyware Doctor. How do I remove them, is there a hidden place where cookies are stored such that using the feauture "Delete Cookies" fails?

For example, one of the thing it detects it reads.

Attachments

• picture2.GIF
    picture2.GIF
    2.5 KB · Views: 6
If you removed the files in IE, then they should have been deleted. Try rebooting and see if the message still shows up. The cookies should be in "C:\Documents and Settings\user name\cookies." If there are no files there, then do a search.

Also in IE, there is an option to delete Temp. files everytime IE closes.
Options->Advanced->Security->Empty Temp Files when browser is closed.

Or you could try using Firefox.

I think I know what the problem is.
~~
I always use IE, but there were times I used Firefox. Now I believe IE uses a different cookies system than Firefox. IE simply creates a text document for any cookie, while Firefox creates a single text file and in it (each line) is a different cookie. Thus, when I delete my cookies the computer does not delete the firefox text cookie. But when I went to Firefox and clicked on Delete Personal Infromation it worked!!!. Spyware Doctor did not find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back