COOL COOL COOL...literally..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

wow..i dropped my temp to 29c on the cpu...im happy, i ran the cpu fan power though my PSU and used my case fan controller to adjust the speed..i just leave it up..despite the noise. IM wondering how long it will take for the artic silver i put on the cpu to "burn in" and maybe lower my temps by 1-3degrees..im also wondering if anyone can gimme a good idea on what kind of CPU fan and heatsink i should invest in..im was thinking thermaltek... :bounce:

AMD 64bit 3000+ 2.2ghz
gigabyte Nforce 250 MB
512mb 2.2.2.5 Low latency Corsair Ram
Gigabyte Nvidia FX5900XT 128mb 256graphics gpu
74gb 10,000rpm Raptor drive
52x32x52x16 CD-burner/dvd-player
Sony 3.5 oem floppy drive
Logitech wirelss keyboard and mouse
****ty Compaq CRT monitor and speakers

Congrats on your low temps. Is that at idle or full load, and how much does it increase when the CPU is actually working? That's the test of good cooling.

Sandra has a good burn-in routine to heat up your CPU.

I've never really seen the 'burn-in period' actually give you any better cooling. Maybe if you slather the AS on too thick, the fan vibration squeezes the excess out the sides and you then have a thinner layer and better contact.

I'm not familiar with HSFs, especially for A64 so I'll leave that for someone else to comment on.

well i now have 28c as my lowest at idle...right now while im typing this its at 29c. When i play a game like NFS underground at full graphics my temp rises to about 38c then tends to drop to 36c and stays right around there...even when i run SETI@home it stays the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back